Saturday, October 18, 2014


Thursday Oct. 16, 2014


What’s that bright thing in the sky ?

Mermaid Marina mm 140 to Swallow Bluff Island mm 169.3

Got up at 6:30 so we could get an early start as we had a long way to go today. I looked out of our cabin window and told myself I have to wash these windows, I can’t see anything outside. I went up to the aft deck and found out the window wasn’t dirty it was very foggy. While we could travel in fog I choose not to if I have a choice. Barges and debris in the water, lots of things can happen and none of them good. So back to bed. Not all bad. By 0830 the fog had burned off and wonder of wonders there was this bright thing in the sky, the sun. It has been 7 days since we have had any sun. Hurray !!!
 

More current today 1650 rpm but only 5.2 kts.  A few tows today so travel was uneventful. A little debris in the river which is the first we have seen in the Tennessee. We pulled into Swallow Bluff Island at 1430 hours. Early for us but it was because this was the last island there was to anchor behind until Pickwick Lock which do to our slow speed we won’t get to until after dark. So to make it simple we just stopped early. Tomorrow we will start early, hopefully no fog and get thru Pickwick Lock. There have been a number of tows going by tonight so hopefully not much of a delay at the lock.

No comments:

Post a Comment